Linggo, Setyembre 9, 2012

Informal Theme #2.5


Mistaken Identities.
            “Another lesson, another Shakespearean play”, that was my exact reaction the time I stepped my first foot inside the TRC. I saw again the usual way of presentations, a powerpoint presentation, a projector and a whole lot more. “The Comedy of Errors”, I never heard of this book before and to my honest opinion, the title seems boring since I am not that fond of comedies. Hence, this work was made by Shakespeare so let’s give it a try.
            As its name implies, I thought of jokes and laughter and in that note, I was wrong. What makes the story humorous is the plot itself. The story was about two twins separated by a shipwreck searching for each other. The wrong identification of the two twins was hilarious specially the moment when Antipholus of Ephesus asked for money from Dromio of Syracuse then Dromio of Ephesus came and gave a rope.
            We encountered a lot of confusions and misconceptions while discussing. It is not only because of the names but also because of the popping questions from our minds. There must be any single difference from the two because they could not be exactly the same in body structure, in attitude and in many other traits. And maybe, there should be a part in the story that the supporting characters are confused but there’s none.
            The story was excellent and I realized that it is fun but when the time they showed us the video, I felt a different way. Throughout the story, I thought that both Dromios and Antipholuses are close friends or better but in the video, Antipholus of Ephesus is a cruel master to his servant. It clearly shows the discrimination between those fortunates and those impoverished. If it was slapstick and was intended to give fun to viewers, then it was absolutely not effective on my part.
            Another great play down, and six more to come. I really enjoyed this piece of art and I am truly overwhelm of what the other accounts has to offer. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento