Linggo, Hulyo 1, 2012

Informal Theme #3


Light at my Darkness.

           Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. - Virginia Satir   

    The weather was extremely scorching; however, the day seems to be well. There were clowns, balloons, jovial decorations and, unusual people I’ve never seen before. Everybody seems to be hectic. Most of them used their time chatting and entertaining people; while some, on the other hand, prepares more food for the other guests that would come. The party seems to be flawless and I saw bright grin on everyone’s faces. The crowd is having a great time until this unexpected tragedy came. A sudden explosion banged the mob. The next thing I knew was I was lying on the floor, having a hard time to breath. I can’t barely see anything that time but I felt my sister’s arms trying to carry me. My family was the only one who survived and was able to withstand the disaster. We were about to go home when I saw this black car chasing us. It’s like death is trying to hound us. I heard a gunshot then BAM! I fell out of bed.

            I had this strange nightmare when I was a kid, and up to this moment, the terror and fear I felt before is still existing. I don’t know what it has to say but it taught me one thing; to value my family better than before.

            Ours is a usual symbol of a standard Filipino family; sharing the whole lot that we have, from food and drinks up to problems and triumphs. Though complications come, we learned to handle them. We never squabbled on small things such as money. We are not rich though, we just worth our relationship rather than wealth.

            To be honest, I find more enjoyment with my companions. Before, I’m more excited to go to school or bond with my friends rather than go home to see them. But now, as I grow up and learn to walk by my own, I’m on my way to comprehending their importance. Maybe without them, there would be no one writing in this blog. There would be no one to have an ear to listen to my problems and no one to comfort me during my downfalls.

            Nothing would be more ideal than to my family. They are my source of strength when I’m about to give up. They are my greatest cheering squad in times of struggles. They encourage me to continue trying and keep on going. And most importantly, I love them more than myself because I know when everybody has left me and when I see myself in a road to nowhere, just a glimpse to my back, I know they are there for me


            

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento